Another entertaining game at the Rogers Centre tonight as the Jays keep rolling in the role of spoilers downing the Rays 6-4 for their 6th straight win.
Would have loved more of this kind of play earlier in the season, but hey, a win is a win so I shouldn’t complain,
Sat in section 230 tonight and some random thoughts:
– who was in charge of the roof tonight? It was threatening rain all evening so the roof was closed at game time. Some genius decides to open the roof long enough for rain to fall in, then they have to close it again while the game is going on.
Didn’t matter much to me since I was underneath the overhang of the private boxes, but I’m sure the players must have been annoyed especially since the wind could have temporarily aided fly balls.
– why the boos for Eric Hinske? Sure, he underachieved in Toronto, but that’s old history. I’m happy for the guy now… he has decent numbers and a good shot at the playoffs this year
– was watching the out of town scoreboard all evening – Phils beats the Mets tonight at Shea. Another choke in the making?
– nice to see Joe Carter at the game tonight… decent ovation from the fans too
– have loved the throwback unis all season long, especially using the best logo the team has ever had. I’m sick of the current black 3rd jerseys and the lack of “Blue” in front of Jays
Congrats to Doc on another great outing